Trainee Engineer – R&D
Wavetec Private Limited
“Wavetec has been on the forefront of technology for almost over three decades, and now with its Head Office in Dubai, regional presence in more than 70 countries, and a workforce from 13 different nationalities, Wavetec has become a true Global market leader in a specialized technology striving to improve Customer Experience at Public waiting areas and Information Display Systems.
The company’s main clients include giants such as Barclays, HSBC, Standard Chartered, United Bank Limited, Agha Khan University Hospital, Telenor, Emirates Airlines, Dubai Financial Market, Madrid Stock Exchange and many others”
- Designs, develops, and refines new products.
- Defines product requirements.
- Reviews existing patents to determine infringement status. Provides technical leadership for development projects.
- Schedules, coordinates and manages multiple projects.
- Assists in the transfer of newly developed products from R&D to production.
- Determines, outlines, and interprets tests to verify product integrity in the design phase.
- Supervises and directs Engineers and Technicians in Implementing designs, performing and documenting test results.
- Develops and maintains association with outside organizations and institutions pertinent to the interests and needs of the department and the Company.
- Quality control of developed products and identifying bugs in existing products
Areas of Responsibilities
- Desk based design work but there will be opportunities to do small amounts of field work.
Qualification and Experience
- BS/BE Electronics
Following are the required competencies
- Basic reading and engineering level math
- Reading and producing drawings
- Equipment and tooling design
- Supervisory and motivational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate; use of word processing, spreadsheets, AutoCAD
- Materials and processes
- Reading and interpreting patents
- Recognize problems and take corrective measures