Software Engineer – I (Android)
Wavetec Private Limited
“Wavetec has been on the forefront of technology for almost over three decades, and now with its Head Office in Dubai, regional presence in more than 70 countries, and a workforce from 13 different nationalities, Wavetec has become a true Global market leader in a specialized technology striving to improve Customer Experience at Public waiting areas and Information Display Systems. The company’s main clients include giants such as Barclays, HSBC, Standard Chartered, United Bank Limited, Agha Khan University Hospital, Telenor, Emirates Airlines, Dubai Financial Market, Madrid Stock Exchange and many others”
- Create work plan in coordination with the Project Manager which includes; analyze the requirements of new or existing programs and identify the areas for modification/improvements.
- Update the work plan on daily basis with both planned and unplanned activities.
- Meet the deadlines as indicated in the work plan.
- Work with computer coding languages and comply with the coding standards.
- Responsible for researching, designing and writing new software programs.
- Responsible for creating technical specifications/ design documents and test plans in accordance with QC standards and testing new programs and fault finding.
- Provide input to the project plan in terms of time estimates required for development related activities.
- Work with Project Manager to plan program code enhancements and changes.
- Integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together.
- Occasionally work with QC team to clarify the intent of new features and resolve problems.
- Develop the project and / or components including the reports, screens, procedures, database schema, deployment package and related components on specified plat- form and tool
Areas of Responsibilities
Software Engineer – I (Android) is responsible the development and assisting in the architecture of various android devices. Testing of complex solutions also lies under the responsibility of a software Engineer – I (Android). These Android applications may include integration with hardware.
Qualification and Experience
At least bachelors in the relevant field BS/MS in Computer Engineering/Science
At least 1 year of experience in pure android development
The resource must be able to handle multiple product and projects simultaneously.
The resource must be a team player.
The candidate must serve as a mentor to the developer