Senior Software Engineer – Android
Wavetec Private Limited
“Wavetec has been on the forefront of technology for almost over three decades, and now with its Head Office in Dubai, regional presence in more than 70 countries, and a workforce from 13 different nationalities, Wavetec has become a true Global market leader in a specialized technology striving to improve Customer Experience at Public waiting areas and Information Display Systems.
The company’s main clients include giants such as Barclays, HSBC, Standard Chartered, United Bank Limited, Agha Khan University Hospital, Telenor, Emirates Airlines, Dubai Financial Market, Madrid Stock Exchange and many others”
- Create work plan with in coordination with the Product Manager. At least 5 days’ plan must be available at any instance
- Update the work plan on daily basis with both planned and unplanned activities
- Meeting the deadlines as indicated in the work plan
- Comply with the coding standards
- Responsible for conducting unit testing and implement QA standards before handing the project to the QA team within the Product.
- Provide input to the project plan in terms of time estimates required for development related activities
- Work with Product Owner to plan program code enhancements and changes
- Occasionally work with QC team to clarify the intent of new features and resolve problems
- Develop the project and / or components including the reports, screens, procedures, database schema, deployment package and related components on specified plat- form and tool(s)
- Provide general programming assistance for other programming projects as needed.
- Conduct system analysis and development, to keep our systems current with changing technologies.
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers.
- Make sure that code is documented consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Maintain client databases
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Review, to the extent possible, changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance.
Areas of Responsibilities
Responsible for the on-time quality development of software projects assigned by the Project Managers that are in conformance to the approved SRS / FS. Direct subordinate software engineers in software system or subsystem development. Ensures compliance to software engineering standards
Qualification and Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Engineering/Science
- 3 to 5 year of development experience
Following are the required competencies
- Can handle simultaneous projects
- Can serve as a mentor for developers
- Ability to work in a team