Mexico / LATAM
At Wavetec, our financial systems are the engine that enables us to power forward and ensure transparency as our core value. We are searching for a qualified accountant based out of our Mexico City office, to help keep our finances meticulously correct and powerfully informative. The accountant will be helping us to strategize savings, perform impactful audits, furnish leadership with crucial information, and (ultimately) grow our financial position. The role will require close coordination with our Headquarters in Dubai and our LATAM regional office in Santiago de Chile.
Through technology, Wavetec is changing the way we interact and experience service and retail spaces. One of the most simple yet challenging problems which causes the highest level of customer dissatisfaction is long & unregulated waiting times. Our omni-channel ecosystem of products and solutions powered by AI & smart processing applications reduces waiting times and increases customer satisfaction levels by 30 %.
We have helped global businesses across the world, and in Mexico we are currently working with Banorte, HSBC, Telcel, Bolsa Mexicana de Valores, Tecnologico de Monterrey and many more.
With head office based out of Dubai, and regional offices in Barcelona, New York, Nairobi, Karachi, Riyadh, Santiago de Chile, Lima and Mexico, Wavetec is committed to helping businesses grow.
Main Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and deductions of withholding taxes as per applicable laws.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation statements on every 1st and 16th day of the month.
- Reconcile cash register with applicable accounting software.
- Assist in preparation of staff payroll and recording in accounting software.
- Preparation and submission of VAT return as required by law and relevant tax statement.
- Ensure Tax returns are prepared and filed correctly and on time.
- Reconcile all related taxes ledgers with actual returns filed on a monthly basis.
- Analyze revenues, commissions, and expenses to ensure they are recorded and reconciled appropriately.
- Coordinate with sales staff for the details of tax withheld by customers and recording of incoming payments on time.
- Reconciliation of Related Party/Intra group balances.
- Prepare and furnish accurate financial data for budget purposes.
- Assist in quarterly and year-end closing and annual audits.
- Assist in preparation of reply to queries by tax authorities.
- Reconcile discrepancies of vendor accounts by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Contribution to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed such as logistics coordination and local purchasing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related.
- Experience of at least 2 years in the relevant field. External Audit experience is a plus.
- Native Spanish, with intermediate english communication skills.
- Residence in Mexico.