Kenya Commercial Bank Group, also known as KCB Bank Group, holds a history of 116 years. KCB with presence in six counties with a total of 230 branches is a financial services organization in East Africa. The Group’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, with subsidiaries in Kenya, Rwanda, Southern Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Burundi. KCB Bank Group is the largest financial services organization in East Africa, with an estimated asset base of approximately Ksh. 367.4 Billion, with capitalization standing at Ksh. 53 Billion at end of 2012.
Banks in Kenya faced immense rush of customers in their Retail branches. Moreover with increasing number of customers at branches banks face numerous problems like dissatisfied customers and complaints. KCB became the first Bank in Kenya in realizing to address this in their crowded waiting areas and long queues at all retail branches.
Benefits for KCB
- Organize the flow of customers visiting the branch, which in turn reduces the real & perceived waiting time and brings fairness to the service process, both with a direct impact on the customer satisfaction.
- Engage customers with KCB targeted news, promotions and brand awareness while waiting to be served, with an immediate effect on their brand loyalty.
- Measure the Customer Satisfaction so as to gather real data to continue building on the growth strategy.
- Reduction in their operational cost by improving the efficiency of the Tellers through the usage of real time and historical reporting system.
- Increase in Revenue by targeted communication through the Digital Signage Touch Points.
Wavetec being a global player in the sphere of Queue Management Solutions holds an extensive experience. With successful queue management systems installed in over 40 leading banks namely, Lloyds, Standard Chartered, Citibank, Stanbic ,Barclays and Interbank, ; Wavetec now stands at the forefront of EQMS and integration services. Moreover Wavetec’s solutions have gained recognition and visibility in the African market due to the installations done at Equity Bank, KCBS, Emirates Airline office, NOKIA Care outlets, Kenya Power Customer service Centre, therefore strengthened the belief in Wavetec’s solutions in the African market.